You are here
1. About www.nordoff-robbins.org.uk
a) www.nordoff-robbins.org.uk is an online charitable, awareness, fundraising, information, and education web site operated and owned by Nordoff Robbins Music Therapy. Nordoff Robbins Music Therapy is the leading UK charity using music to transform the lives of vulnerable people of all ages all over the UK (“Nordoff Robbins”).
b) Nordoff Robbins Music Therapy is a charity registered by the Charity Commission for England and Wales (no. 280960) and a company limited by guarantee (no share capital) registered in England (no. 01514616) whose registered office is at 2 Lissenden Gardens, London NW5 1PQ.
c) These terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to all and any use of the web site available at www.nordoff-robbins.org.uk and its Content (“the Web Site”) and all Intellectual Property Rights therein.
d) the Web Site and references to the Web Site includes each part of it and the Content, which is made up of and includes:
- i) any and all articles, images, text, videos and other content and materials produced by or for Nordoff Robbins and made available for download from the web site (“Produced Content”)
- ii) any and all articles, images, text, videos and other content and materials uploaded, submitted, transmitted, posted or otherwise placed on the Web Site by its users (“User Content”);
- iii) any comments, postings, emails, messages and other communications made to or using it or any message board or similar services run or made available on or through it (“Communications”).
e) By “Intellectual Property Rights” what we mean is all ownership rights and interests in copyright, design right, database right, patents and any rights to inventions, know-how, trade and business names, trade secrets and trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and any applications therefor and other like rights.
f) By using the Web Site you represent and confirm that you understand, accept and are able to understand and accept these Terms and agree to be bound by them.
g) If you do not accept or understand these Terms you should not use the Web Site. That includes by using, posting or accessing the Content or Communications.
h) If you are under the age of 13 you should ask a parent or guardian to explain these Terms and their meaning to you. If you are under the age of 18, you should obtain your parent or guardians prior consent before entering into any contract for the purchase of Products with us.
i) Nordoff Robbins may make alterations to these Terms from time to time and these variations shall become effective immediately upon being accessible from www.nordoff-robbins.org.uk/terms-and-conditions. Whilst we shall use our reasonable endeavors to notify you of any material changes in advance, you should regularly review these Terms for updated versions.
j) These Terms were last updated on 04 April 2011.
a) To use certain features of the Web Site, you may need to set up an account (including setting up a username and password).
b) Any username and password issued to you is personal to you, so that you can use and access the Web Site. You should not disclose them to any third party without Nordoff Robbins’s prior written consent or let anyone other than you use your account.
c) You are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential.
d) You are also responsible for your account and for all use of it and any activities that occur using your username, password or other account information.
e) All email and other communications sent by Nordoff Robbins (including attachments) are intended only for the addressee and/or others authorised to receive them.
3. Use of the website
a) You MAY download and use the Web Site and the Content on it via the internet solely for your private, non-commercial, personal use and related charitable purposes.
b) Nordoff Robbins grants you a non-exclusive, limited licence to download and use the Web Site and the Content via the Internet solely for your private, non-commercial, personal use and related charitable purposes.
c) These Terms and the rights granted by them do not give you any rights of ownership in the Web Site and should not be construed as a sale or transfer of any copyright or other right.
d) You may not transfer, sublicense or deal in this right without Nordoff Robbins’s prior written agreement.
e) You agree not to:
- i) use the Web Site or any Content for any commercial or business purpose;
- ii) include contact details intended to facilitate communication of any sort (email address, postal address, phone number, web address etc.) in any Communication or User Content;
- iii) use your access to the Web Site, or information gathered from it, for the sending of unsolicited bulk email or any spam;
- iv) process or otherwise use the information contained on or use the Web Site or any Content for any illegal or immoral purpose or use or process the same unfairly.
4. Content and Intellectual Property Rights
a) You will be responsible for any Content that you upload, submit, transmit, post or otherwise place on or through the Web Site and you accept full responsibility and liability for that Content. Nordoff Robbins shall have no liability in relation thereto and you shall compensate us for any losses we may suffer arising from the Content that you upload.
b) By uploading, submitting, transmitting, posting or otherwise placing any Content on or through the Web Site you expressly agree and confirm that:
- i) you are not a minor or else have your parent’s or guardian’s permission to do so on these Terms;
- ii) your Content may be used on and in connection with the Web Site;
- iii) your username may be advertised and used in connection with your Content;
- iv) you grant to Nordoff Robbins the non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty free right and licence to use such Content on and / or in connection with the Web Site and to give all consents (if any) which Nordoff Robbins requires including under copyright and other intellectual property, data protection and privacy laws world wide, for that use only;
- v) you own or have proper licenses, permissions and other consents in place in respect of all features and resources used in the Content;
- vi) any Content you submit and the use of it as envisaged by these Terms does not and will not infringe any third party Intellectual Property Rights or other rights;
- vii) you are entitled to grant the rights granted and you are not under any contractual or other obligations preventing you from doing so;
- viii) you have received all necessary permissions and consent required for the use of any Content by Nordoff Robbins, as described in these terms and conditions;
- ix) that you have not granted any other person any rights that are inconsistent with the licence granted above.
5. Copyright, Trade Marks and other Intellectual Property Rights
a) All Intellectual Property Rights in the Web Site web site design and software and all Produced Content belong to and vest in Nordoff Robbins, or are licensed to Nordoff Robbins unless otherwise specified. All such rights of Nordoff Robbins are hereby asserted and reserved.
b) In respect of the Web Site (including the Content) you shall not:
- i) make any commercial use without Nordoff Robbins’s prior written consent;
- ii) provide hypertext links, URL Links, graphic links, hyperlinks or other direct connection for profit or gain to them without Nordoff Robbins’s prior written permission other than for reasonable charitable purposes and subject always to our trade mark guidelines which are available from us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- iii) display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use them and the information contained therein for the benefit of any third party or web site without Nordoff Robbins’s prior written consent;
- iv) hack, attempt to hack, modify, adapt, merge, translate, distribute, transmit, use, re-use, re-post, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer or create derivative works out of the Web Site or any Content or information contained in it, for any purpose other than as expressly permitted above unless expressly permitted by applicable law;
- v) remove, disable, modify, add to or tamper with any program code or data, copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices and legends;
- vi) create software which mimics data or functionality in the Web Site;
- vii) use or deal in the Web Site except as permitted by these Terms.
c) All third party Intellectual Property Rights are the property of their respective owners and Nordoff Robbins makes no warranty or representation in relation thereto.
6. Photography and case studies
a) We use our reasonable endeavors to protect the interests of the individuals featured in the content on our Web Site. Wherever possible, we ensure that we have received the prior written consent of clients and/or families whose images appear on the Website (either in photographs or videos).
b) Please note that some of the images may be posed by models and do not depict actual situations, but are used as examples of the work related to Nordoff Robbins.
c) Where Nordoff Robbins reveals any personal information about our clients, it is done so with their prior written consent. In some case we may change personally identifying details so as to protect an individuals identity.
a) We may from time to time allow companies to advertise their goods and services on the Web Site as part of our sponsorship arrangements. Whilst we will not knowingly run an advert that is untrue, or which relates to goods or services that our contrary to our objectives, we do not endorse any sponsors goods or services. We are not responsible for the accuracy of any third party advertisements.
8. Forum and Communications
a) the Web Site is an online charitable, awareness, fund raising, education and information service and ancillary to this Nordoff Robbins may also enable the transmission, hosting, caching, storage, retrieval and dealing with User Content and third party Communications without review, selection or alteration of their content - for which it is a mere conduit. To the extent that the Nordoff Robbins provides these services to you then the following terms shall also apply:
- The views expressed in any User Content or Communications are the views of the individual authors and not those of Nordoff Robbins unless specified otherwise by Nordoff Robbins.
- Nordoff Robbins is not responsible for and disclaims all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in any User Content or Communications.
- By using the Web Site you acknowledge that Nordoff Robbins has no responsibility to review the content of any User Content or Communications and that all User Content and Communications are made available on the basis that Nordoff Robbins is not required to and does not exercise any control or judgment concerning their contents.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing Nordoff Robbins shall be entitled to remove or reject any User Content or Communications and remove or suspend your ability to access, upload, submit, transmit, post or otherwise place User Content or Communications on or through the Web Site for any reason.
- You agree that Nordoff Robbins may use, publish, edit, modify and adapt your User Content and Communications for any and all purposes relating to the Web Site and the business of Nordoff Robbins and you hereby grant it an unrestricted non-exclusive licence to do so and waive all so called moral rights in your Communications.
- You agree and undertake that you will not upload, submit, transmit, post or otherwise place User Content nor make any Communication or post to or transmit to the Web Site any statement or material that:
- is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability;
- promotes any illegal or unlawful activity;
- infringes any copyright or other intellectual property right of any third party or assists infringement or piracy;
- includes any computer virus, worms, logic bombs or other malicious software or technically harmful data;
- is abusive, pornographic, defamatory, discriminatory or obscene;
- harasses any person;
- markets or promotes any third party;
- which seeks or attempts to make any arrangement to meet a child under the age of 16 or which may have such a meeting as its object or effect;
- contains any restricted material, including but not limited to passwords, medical information or confidential information of any person; or
- solicits, invites, encourages, advocates, incites or provokes any or all of the foregoing.
It is a known risk of internet usage that people are not necessarily who they say they are. People may provide information or behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading, unlawful or illegal. Nordoff Robbins has no way of telling if statements made by other users are true. This is a decision that can only be made by you. You should therefore exercise of some degree of caution when using any web site. By using the Web Site and its services you accept that this is the case and accept that you therefore use the Web Site at your own risk. PLEASE TAKE PARTICULAR CARE IN RELATION TO THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION SUCH AS YOUR SURNAME, ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER AND PLACES YOU GO.
a) Nordoff Robbins provides and maintains the Web Site for personal information and education purposes, on an "as is" basis
b) Nordoff Robbins shall be liable only to provide its services with reasonable skill and care and gives no other warranty in connection with the Web Site.
c) Third party web sites and online services to which the Web Site links ("External Sites") have not been verified or reviewed by Nordoff Robbins.
e) Nordoff Robbins gives no warranty in connection with the Web Site other than as expressly stated and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Nordoff Robbins excludes liability for:
- i) any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including any direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem which Nordoff Robbins has been made aware of;
- ii) the accuracy, currency or validity of the information and material contained within any User Content or Communications or the Web Site;
- iii) any interruptions to or delays in updating the Web Site;
- iv) any incorrect or inaccurate information on the Web Site;
- v) the infringement by any person of any copyright or other Intellectual Property Rights of any third party through any User Content or Communication or use of the Web Site;
- vi) the availability, quality, content or nature of External Sites;
- vii) any transaction involving External Sites;
- viii) any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading the Web Site, or any User Content or Communication;
- ix) all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
f) Nordoff Robbins does not warrant that the operation of the Web Site will be uninterrupted or error free.
g) Nordoff Robbins will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen contingency beyond its the reasonable control including Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
h) Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other Terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all such Terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
i) These Terms above are subject to your statutory and common law consumer rights and shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall it exclude or limit Nordoff Robbins's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
j) You agree that in relation to your use of the Web Site you will not in any way conduct yourself in a manner which is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability or which might call into disrepute the Web Site.
k) You hereby indemnify, defend and hold Nordoff Robbins and Nordoff Robbins's affiliates and Nordoff Robbins's officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensers and licensees (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") harmless from and against any and all liability and costs (including reasonable legal fees) incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of these Terms or claims arising from your use of the Web Site any Communications and any use of your membership account. You shall use your best efforts to cooperate with Nordoff Robbins in the defense of any claim. Nordoff Robbins reserves the right, at Nordoff Robbins's own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
10. Donations and Product Purchases
a) You can make donations to Nordoff Robbins as set out on the Web Site, and including also the following ways:
- i) by SMS text service donation:
- by sending a text with the unique charity code plus the amount you would like to donate to sms shortcode 70070 (i.e. MUSC11 £3);
- Your donation will cost the amount you choose to donate plus your standard network sms charge, with 100% going to Nordoff Robbins.
- Charges will appear on your mobile phone bill or will be deducted from your pay-as-you-go funds amount.
- You should obtain the bill payers permission before you send the sms.
- ii) Directly via the Web Site service;
- iii) by post to: Nordoff Robbins, 20-21 Spectrum House, 32/34 Gordon House Road, London, NW5 1LP
b) In the event that we enable you to purchase products advertised in the Web Site shop operated by us (“Products”) then the following terms shall also apply:
- i) When you place an order for Products in any of the ways described above (your "Order") this will be deemed an offer to buy the Products for the price stated, subject to these Terms.
- ii) After you have submitted your Order we will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received it. This email confirmation will be produced automatically so that you have confirmation of your Order details. The fact that you receive an automatic confirmation does not necessarily mean that we will be able to meet your Order.
- iii) Once we have sent the confirmation email we will then check the Order and if we accept it we will either contact you with a further email stating that it is accepted or send out the Product. Once you have receive this email or the Product is sent to you then a binding contract will exist.
- iv) Following acceptance Nordoff Robbins may cancel a sale and not supply the Product if it is reasonable to do so and may change or discontinue the availability of any Products at any time at its sole discretion.
- v) You may cancel your Order of a Products at any time up to the end of the 7th calendar day after receiving it if it is unused and in its original packaging. In that case please return it to us and on receipt Nordoff Robbins shall, as soon as possible, refund or re-credit your account with any sum debited by it from your credit card or debit card or other method of payment in respect of that Product.
- vi) Please note that you may not return any music cd or dvd (or similar product), unless that item remains unopened and in its original sealed packaging.
- vii) You shall be responsible for returning goods to us in a resalable condition, and we reserve the right to withhold a reasonable part of the payment price where the Products are returned to us in an used or unsellable condition.
11. Price and Payment
a) Prices are quoted in UK pounds - outside the UK your credit card company should exchange the amount charged to the currency of your country at the current rate.
b) Payment may be required before the Product is provided and if not is payment due from the moment the Order is accepted.
c) Payment may be made by credit card, debit card, or other methods set out on the Web Site.
d) Orders and Donations may be processed online, or over the phone, using a credit or debit card (currently VISA, MasterCard, Delta, Maestro and Switch/Solo). We aim to debit money from your account within three working days after receiving your Order.
e) You will not be charged for any Orders that cannot be fulfilled and where appropriate Nordoff Robbins will re-credit to your account any sum debited by Nordoff Robbins.
f) Nordoff Robbins cannot guarantee that a particular Product will always be available.
h) Your credit card company may also do security checks to confirm it is you making the Order.
i) All Order details and invoices will be sent to the credit card billing address and not the delivery address where they differ.
j) Please make cheques payable to Nordoff Robbins. Please also send us a covering letter detailing your Order, cheque guarantee card number, guaranteed amount, expiry date, contact details and delivery address.
k) Your statutory rights are unaffected by these Terms.
a) Without limiting to any other rights it may have Nordoff Robbins may remove, restrict, cancel or suspend access to and use of the Web Site and Content or other any part of it, if it considers (in its sole discretion) that you have breached of any of these Terms. Termination shall be without prejudice to the accrued rights of Nordoff Robbins.
a) Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law (but subject to your statutory and common law consumer rights).
b) Nordoff Robbins acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person.
c) If Nordoff Robbins does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a waiver of any provision or right.
d) In the event that any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable, such part will at Nordoff Robbins’s option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties’ intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
e) These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Nordoff Robbins and shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract which you may purport to propose.
f) Reference to the word “include” and “including” shall mean and be read as “include without limitation” and “including without limitation” in these Terms.
g) Use of the Web Site and these terms are subject to the laws of England which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licences and conditions of use and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
h) The Web Site is intended for and directed at the UK and no representation or warranty is made as to whether the Web Site complies with the regulatory regime and local laws of any other countries.
i) By using the Web Site you undertake that you have the necessary hardware, software and capability required for its use including in relation to Content, Communications, email and web usage.
14. Further Information
a) All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to Nordoff Robbins at email@example.com or via Nordoff Robbins, 20-21 Spectrum House, 32/34 Gordon House Road, London, NW5 1LP , or by telephone to 020 7428 9908.
b) We gratefully acknowledge support from a range of organisations and individuals. Without their support we would not be able to carry out our work. That support is freely given and does not influence our editorial policy of this Web Site.